Ghasiram: Hindi comic book

Ghasiram is a Hindi comic book which I created in my school days. that was the period,when comics were really popular among kids and I always wished to be a cartoonist or say a comics creator.
I used to read a lot of Hindi Comics which used to get published from Delhi and Mumbai.
Names like Diamond comics, Manoj comics and Raj comics were craze in small towns. then there were Amar Chitra Katha, Indrajaal comics and Tinkle magazine.
there was a small comics store called 'Vijay Book Centre' in my town. He used to rent out comics and also had a reading bunker. often, in summers he used get a lot of stock of comics from Mayapuri Delhi. this stock had a lot of Hindi translation of American and European comics. that's when I got introduced to characters like Asterix, Lucky Luke, Tintin, Axa, Laurel and Hardy.
When, I got little more mature, I started enjoying foreign syndicated comic strips in the English newspapers. It had a subtle humor sense and had a lot of visual and textual pun.
this comics has a direct visual  influence of Albert Uderzo (Asterix fame). I simply admire each panel of his art works.
it might be my teens day work but it certainly has it's own moments of charm.
this album was locked for years in the trunk. a few times I thought that I should make efforts to get it published. but it never gone further than just thinking.
At last, it made to web, I put it on the free website provider wix.com as it is as I had left it. speech bubbles have pencil lettering.
anyway,
here is the URL: http://www.wix.com/ppsagar/comics






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Payment awaited for creative intellectual property created for Sahu Fresh, Chandausi.

1st impression of Awesomic Big Road Blocked experience!

ब्रज प्रान्त के फिल्म फेस्टिवल में मेरी फिल्म प्रविष्टियां।